Advance Your Career With Economics
Congratulations on taking your first step toward studying Economics at the University of Adelaide.
By studying Economics you will gain an understanding of not only how the economy works, but why it works the way it does. Whether you want to work in government, industry or not for profit organisations, our degrees provide you with a solid foundation in economics that enables you to critically analyse information and solve complex problems, such as:
- Determining the effects of a carbon tax on households, businesses and the environment.
- Calculating changes in labour force participation by men and women after the introduction of paid parental leave.
- Determining the most efficient and effective way to deliver foreign aid.
- Considering the impact of interest rate cuts on exporting and importing businesses.
- Assessing if the AFL's equalisation policy had any impact.