The Geoff Harcourt Visiting Professorship will annually invite a global leader in a field of economics to share their knowledge and experience not only with economic and business students and staff but also with the business community.
Geoff Harcourt is a man who makes an impression — whether as a distinguished academic, a gregarious storyteller, or an influential teacher. We celebrate his contribution to this University through the establishment of the Geoff Harcourt Visiting Professorship.
The University of Adelaide is seeking to appoint an outstanding scholar as Visiting Professor in the School of Economics in the Faculty of the Professions.
The successful candidate will:
- have an outstanding, internationally recognized record of research in an area of economics that complements the areas of specialisation in the School.
- be asked to present occasional lectures for students, seminars and provide workshops for graduate students.
- Preference will be given to those applicants with higher levels of capacity and experience in engaging in public discussion and debate within their field of research.
- The position is available for a period of up to six months.
- The period of appointment is negotiable but should overlap to a considerable extent the School's teaching periods.
Need further information?
The University reserves the right to make inquiries of any person regarding any candidate's suitability for appointment, not to make an appointment or to appoint by invitation.
Further information concerning the School, the duties of the position, and the selection criteria may be obtained from Professor Gareth Myles, Head of the School of Economics.